Version 0.4 is very basic.
It emulates only what is necessary to run Tomb Raider I.
It will run Tomb Raider I either in software mode or - with the aid
of Glidos - in Glide mode.
Download v0.4 of VDos32 from here.
It does not require installation.
Just put it any where that you find convenient,
and run it from there. Use the "Load" button to select a DOS progam to run.
Before first use, VDos32 requires unlocking via the internet.
Just click the "Unlock" button.
For this early release, there is no payment or registration required.
(The unlocking service for this and other versions may be withdrawn at
some later date.)
Glidos, from v1.34 onwards, can make use of VDos32.
You just need to place VDos32.exe in your Glidos folder and
select "Use VDos32" from the Glidos configuration dialog (the setting is under the "DOS" tab).
Glidos usually installs to C:\Program Files\Glidos.
It is within that folder that you should place VDos32.exe.
Known problems in v0.4 are:
- VDos32 will not run under the 64bit versions of XP and Vista.
- Very few programs, other than Tomb Raider I, are supported.
- When playing Tomb Raider I, don't press F1, F2, F3 or F4.
- When playing Tomb Raider I in software mode, there are no background sounds.
- When playing Tomb Raider I in software mode, only Windowed mode is supported.
- Sometimes, Tomb Raider I will run very slowly. Click on the window to get full speed.
Copyright © Paul Gardiner 2006- 2007